Follow Pink Blossom by Pal Raine

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

IS VINEGAR GOOD FOR HAIR

Early this morning while listening to AM RADIO STATION,  two commentators are having this discussion about VINEGAR for hair.  Is Vinegar good for our hair?

We know there is 1001+ uses of vinegar aside from being used as food condiments and as a kitchen essentials.  Vinegar is also used for our beauty care especially for our hair.

Hearing VINEGAR+DOWNY(cloth conditioner) mix together can make your hair shiny or can restore shine, according to their guest this is used by Salon or Beauty Parlors for treatments and neutralizer.

I did my research about this mixture and I can say that vinegar has an enzyme that helps connect protein molecules and a source of probiotics that help restore luster of our hair by removing the other products that we usually apply in our hair.  And mix with a small amount of DOWNY (cloth conditioner) that also makes our hair soft and smells good.

To make it more convincing, I'd made one to try if this is true.  I get an empty alcohol sprayer, put 1 cup of vinegar, 2 cups of warm water, a drop of essential oil(optional) and mix it with a small amount of downy.  I keep the extra mixture to another container for my next use.




I'd spray it to my hair.

HAIR BEFORE SPRAYING MIXTURE


1st ATTEMPT

2nd ATTEMPT
 
HAIR AFTER SPRAYING(no special photo effects added) 
Vinegar has long been used to make hair healthy, silky and lustrous shiny and I agree to that.  And it doesn't leave your hair smell of vinegar because of the downy.  Depending on your hair type, mine I will use it once weekly because I have straight and not so thick hair.  And for those who have curly, wavy, and a bit thick hair you should use it three times a week.  It may cause minimal hair dryness so better condition your hair first before spraying the vinegar rinse.

Hope this would help you with your hair problems.  I am sure going to hair salon will cost you big amount of money just to make your hair shiny and soft.

By the way you can use this also for your scalp and fight dandruff:

*1/2 cup vinegar mixed with 2 cups of water after shampooing. You can add few drops of baby oil.  Leave the rinse for about 30 mins. Then rinse it with water.  You can do this everyday or at least once a week.     

source: care2  

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never actually thought about this but I'd defo try this on my wife. Vinegar is a an excellent cleaning agent and it'd make sense to use this on hair. Question is, will you be able to stand the smell of smelling sour with this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do put vinegar to my hair before too whenever I have find sometime totally proven to give bounce shine and smooothness to my hair xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I never knew vinegar can be used for hair?! I'll definitely try this soon 'cause my hair has always been dull-looking >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. The effect on your hair is just amazing. It looks shinier. But, NO for me... I have skin asthma and I'm afraid the Downy will have some reactions to my scalp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting idea. Can I take any type of vinegar or is there a specific type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Pao: base on my experience there is no smell of vinegar because of the downy mix together. It smells like sour at first but at the end it smells good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @papaleng: White distilled vinegar is much better. But some use any type of vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha this is interesting :P I will try this sometime soon on my frizzy hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard this from my mom before.... interesting indeed.... I will tell my wife about this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great idea! I have a problem before with my hair, got many lice! My friend told me to use vinegar and make it babad for 10mins haha! But i doubt it so I bought Kwell to fight the lice and it never fail me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is my first time hearing 'bout it. Maki try nga din to see the effect to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm.. this is new to me. And looking at your photos, it actually worked okay. But I'm not sure if I wanna do this to my hair too. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very coincidental!! I have long known the benefits of using vinegar to your hair.. and since it was summer and there's a lot of kids around the house, I got so many lice! it was horrible.. but thanks to good 'ol vinegar, I got rid of them all at once.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great article. I knew vinegar was good for a lot of things but I would have never guessed it is good for the hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of using vinegar on your hair--may have to try it on my out of control waves!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Very interesting! I think i'm gonna try this out! your hair looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow I would never have thought of putting vinegar on my hair......will def be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have heard of this but never tried it. The results look great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vinegar is so amazing! Thanks for this additional use!

    ReplyDelete